Fire up the grill and break out the red, white and blue…we’ve gathered a few of our must-haves for the fourth:
1. A fun twist on the traditional red, white and blue fans, these festive stripes and polka dots are lightweight and will be the perfect focal point for your outdoor party. Red, White & Blue Paper Fan Decorations from PartyCity.com
2. A large platter is a must for any outdoor grilling get-together and this classic eyelet design from Ikea will add a little white to your red, white and blue theme. Romantisk tray from ikea.com
3. Reusable ice cubes that won’t water down your drinks, need we say more? Available in packs of 30 at bedbathandbeyond.com
4. We love the look of vintage mason jars and this blue-tinted glass is such a fun summer color. Blue Glass Yorkshire Dispenser from WorldMarket.com
5. Keep your napkins safe from the wind while adding a little modern style to your table. Acrylic Napkin Holder available at cb2.com
6. Paper straws are available in so many fun colors and designs and we can’t get enough of this patriotic themed set from etsy.com/twigsandtwirlsllc
7. And last, but not least…stay organized by placing all of your flatware and condiments in this rustic and chic Galvanized Caddy with Flatware Tray from crateandbarrel.com
Note: we couldn’t help but include our Classic Folding Adirondack in the mix (shown in Sunset Red, White, and Pacific Blue).
- 2 oz cream of coconut
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 oz light rum
- 2 cups ice
- 1/2 oz dark rum
- 1 piece fresh pineapple (or strawberries) for garnish
1. Place the cream of coconut, pineapple juice, light rum, and ice in a blender. Pulse until smooth and combined, then pour into a glass.
2. Top with 1/2 ounce dark rum and garnish with a piece of fresh pineapple, or strawberries like we did and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of: RealSimple.com
Have a safe and happy 4th of July!